Start: 5:00p (official-5:03p)
Present: Rebecca S.; Fiona; Gary D.; Tim B.; Ashley M.; Raven P.; Brian E.; Andy S.; Molly T.; Dustin H.; Abby K.; Ashley T.; Sarah L., Kaley C.
5:03 - Welcome & introductions
- Who’s an important woman to you?
5:13 - Molly talks about OHLA history
- Sarah and Molly mad “arrrrrrrr, you treat women bad”
- Women in economics, academics, society
- Action oriented
5:15 - Upcoming events (sign-in sheet pass)
- Sept. 15 (Sat.) Grey to Green Fest.
- 10-5 Wick park
- condoms, candy, info., women are watching sign-up, voting...
- tabling: Raven
5:19 - voting drive “Golden Week”
- Oct. 2nd - 9th
- more to come
- Molly - Sept. 25 Ntl. voting reg. day/maybe
5:21 - Oct. 4th
- Julianna Atchison
- Marriage equality/Anthropology (interactive)
- speaking of IFYC...molly will post event on FB
5:23 - Oct. 7th
- non-violence parade
5:24 - Tim B.
- HIV Awareness Tables
- Free HIV Testing in Feb.
- Ntl. World AIDS day in Dec.
- Oct. 8-12 Ntl. Coming Out Week/anything?/help?
- Sept. 27th f(Thurs) from 9-3pm, table HIV awareness
- Abby, Dustin, Ashley M. ready to go.
5:26 - G.D.
- (who?) MVOC do leadership things in community
- GD playing basket ball with new ppl.
5:29 - Ashley T. & Molly/Issues
- Ashley T. (5:29)
- Planned Parenthood, electoral work
- pro-women elected
- educate on candidates
- Stark Co. United Way vs. PP / PP wins in Stark
- Ashley will/can provide cool stuff for things (i.e. World AIDS Day)
- offering training to help ppl with women’s healthcare educators
- training “abortions” conversations
- Molly (5:34)
- Ashley is awesome
5:35 - Let’s hear from you!
- Abby K. issue = absence of family restrooms/changing tables
- Raven issue = not sanitary napkins offered on campus
- get together/survey (whats where)
- condom availability issue
- escort service expanded?
- (enter YSU PD number (330) 941 3527)
- OHLA Info? We got it.
- Molly/Ashley M./Ashley T. info on who voted how
- Ashley T. PP can help with issue based guided discussion
5:42 - TheologyPubYo
- Sept. 12 5pm at U-Pi
- Women in Religion
- Women effected by Religion
5:49 - Women’s History Month
- March 2013
- Start thinking...fill the big shoes of Sarah and Molly
- Films - “Queen’s Play” (Ashley M.) “Loretta Claybourne” (Raven)
- Discussion Groups
5:53 - Last but not least...
- make protest signs
- “back in the kitchen” food sale
- vagina monolog version
- personal film screening / breast cancer week
- Eat Think Drink - Nuns on the Bus - Friday Sept. 21 5pm.
- game night?!
- book club (Brian Eft)
5:59 - closing
- next meeting? not sure, monthly meeting, Oct...